Utah is Glorious in the Fall
Our favorite places to see fall colors in Utah
- Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons east of Salt Lake valley along the Wasatch Front.
- Millcreek Canyon east of Salt Lake near the mouth of Parley's Canyon. Breathtaking colors. Mountain biking here in the fall is a must.
- Guardsman's Pass between Brighton and Park City and the back roads to Midway and Heber areas.
- Alpine Loop up American Fork Canyon, past Sundance Resort and down through Provo Canyon.
- Provo Canyon: Squaw Peak Trail, Buffalo Peak Trail, Bridal Veil Falls (great for kids - paved path), mid to late September is best
- The Nebo Loop between Payson and Nephi
- Midway in the hills above the city (drive through the little residential streets)
- Ogden Canyon east of Huntsville
- The Mirror Lake Highway east of Park City between Kamas and Evanston, Wyoming
- Logan Canyon between Logan and Bear Lake. Vibrant must-see colors!
Vacation homes closest to fall colors
Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons
Snowbird Retreat at Big Cottonwood
Rustic Springs at Big Cottonwood
Lone Brook at Big Cottonwood
Bellagio in Holladay with Endless Fun, Games, Built for Families
Near Millcreek Canyon
Near Ogden Canyon east of Huntsville
Alpine Loop up American Fork Canyon near Sundance Resort in Provo Canyon
Provo Riverside Cabins in Provo Canyon along Provo River with private hot tub
Draper Poolhouse with private indoor pool and hot tub
Wasatch Retreat in Draper with Beautiful View
In or near Park City
Other Popular Scenic Drives to Explore in Utah
If you have a half day, we highly recommend taking a drive on these most recommended Utah scenic byways