Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, and Brighton resorts are located nearby and the perfect place to experience the unparalleled powder Utah is known for. Also bordering Oaks at Wasatch is Golden Hills Park, a beautiful city park that offers a tennis court, pavilion with picnic tables, bathrooms, winding nature pathways lined with mature pines and aspen trees, and a large lawn for kids and families to run and play.
The ski bus stop is located just outside the Oaks at Wasatch along Wasatch Blvd, making it very convenient for skiers and snowboarders, or mountain recreation enthusiasts to get to the nearby mountain resorts quickly without driving a car.
Canyon Racquet Club Condominiums are located just 1 mile north of the Oaks at Wasatch and are also another very popular place skiers enjoy staying. The Canyon Racquet Club has been around for decades and well known by skiers and snowboarders who ski Utah every year.
There are several popular restaurants and pubs located minutes away from the Oaks at Wasatch community. The top 5 most popular are; Porcupine Grill and Pub, Market Street Grill, LaCaille Restaurant, The Hog Wallow Pub, and Cafe Trang.
On your next visit to Salt Lake City, Utah, consider renting our vacation homes at Oaks at Wasatch in Cottonwood Heightsif you want to be located between Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon and close to the ski and summer resorts. If you're not staying directly at Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, or Solitude, the Oaks at Wasatch is the next best location just outside the canyon.
Take Interstate 80 and merge with Interstate 15 going southbound. Continue on I-15 until you reach I-215 Belt Route. Exit onto the eastbound belt route towards the Alta/Snowbird ski areas (follow the signs). Exit 6200 South exit at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon and continue southbound passing the main entrance to Big Cottonwood. Continue along Wasatch Blvd until you reach Oaks at Wasatch on your left right off Wasatch Blvd.
Distance to other popular nearby attractions
- to Smith's Grocery Store - 0.7 mile
- to 7-11 at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon - 1.4 miles
- to Porcupine Grill & Pub - 1.5 miles
- to La Caille Restaurant - 2.3 miles
- to Residence Inn Cottonwoods - 3.1 miles
- to Hyatt Place Cottonwoods - 3.1 miles
- to Old Mill Restaurant Row District - 3.4 miles
- to Old Mill Golf Course - 3.4 miles
- to Lone Star Taqueria (popular taco place!) - 3.4 miles
- to Cafe Trang - 3.4 miles
- to Bandit's Bar and Grill - 3.6 miles
- to Market Street Grill (award winning oysters and seafood!) - 3.7 miles
- to Tuscany Italian Restaurant - 3.9 miles
- to Alta Ski Area - 7 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon
- to Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort - 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon
- to Solitude Resort - 12 miles up Big Cottonwood Canyon
- to Brighton Resort - 14 miles up Big Cottonwood Canyon
- to downtown Salt Lake City (Convention Center, Temple Square) - 19 miles
- to Salt Lake International Airport - 22 miles
- to Park City - 30 miles