Utah Ski Guide
EXPERIENCE THE GREATEST SNOW ON EARTH
Utah is world famous for our light and dry powder snow. It's pure heaven! Skiers describe skiing Utah's amazing powder as a "pure adrenaline rush." Being high up in the mountains surrounded by breathtaking scenery is amazing. Flying over the snow with a feeling of being king of the world. When you get on a good powder run, you escape into a new zone from reality. A feeling comparable to "surfing" ocean waves, but in a light, airy, fluffy powder surrounded by incredible scenery with a rush of adrenaline. Live elevated. Come experience the rush!
NEVER SKIED? WE CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO BEGIN YOUR LOVE FOR SKIING IN UTAH
What are the best ski resorts in Utah?
Salt Lake Ski Resorts
- Gad 2 run (access to Gad Valley, a "local secret")
- Mountain coaster in summer
- Gad valley hiking and mountain biking trail (under construction)
- Restaurant at top of Hidden Peak (tram access) with spectacular views
- 500"+ avg. annual snowfall (most in Utah)
- Aerial tram
- Biggest vertical drop
- the most black diamonds available in Utah
- Mountain Coaster
- Aerial tram rides
- Mountain biking trails
- Hiking trails
- Alpine slide
- Rope Course
- Family movie showings Saturday nights on the plaza
- Home of Oktoberfest (German beer and food, merchandise, vendors, music, dancing - begins mid September - October)
Vacation Homes near Snowbird
A skier's paradise! Not for snowboarders. Alta does not allow snowboarders. It is the skiers mountain. Skiers absolutely love it. Alta is independently owned, so it has a local ski resort ambiance without being markedly corporate in nature. There are some great Utah ski accommodations near Alta Resort. Many like to ditch the snowboarders in their group at Snowbird and go to Alta (so much for family on powder days). Local's secret tip about Alta: Sugarloaf Run is a must. If you're a good skier, you'll enjoy the awesome powder in this area of the mountain. There is a quad chair, really nice little shoots you can go off on this run.
Vacation Homes near Alta Ski Area
We have several ski vacation rentals located at the Oaks at Wasatch townhome community at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon 20 minutes from Alta.
Local's secret tip about Brighton: hit the Great Western lift, stay up top and you can find fresh powder through the trees all day long. You can drop into the trees and find fresh powder all day long - it's crazy in there.
- Larger the home, better the lodging value
- Do you really want to pay a premium for slope-side ski-in/ski-out lodging? Consider a short drive in exchange for more value (a bigger, nicer ski home).
- Consider door-to-door transportation, which picks you up right from your vacation home and gets you, your group, and your gear safely on the mountain within a few minutes.