Enjoy Fall Colors and Foliage in Utah in a Vacation Home by Utahs Best Vacation Rentals
During the fall season, Utah's mountains and canyons explode into a kaleidoscope of vibrant colors, with foliage turning red, yellow, orange, scarlet, and a myriad other hues. Fall is a spectacular time to visit our state.
You'll be able to see a splash of color from our cities and towns, but to enjoy the full fall experience you need to drive into the mountains. Several of our back roads have become famous because of the abundance and intensity of the colors they offer.
Top spots for fall colors in Utah we recommend:
- Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons east of Salt Lake valley along the Wasatch Front.
- Millcreek Canyon east of Salt Lake near the mouth of Parley's Canyon. Breathtaking colors. Mountain biking here in the fall is a must.
- Guardsman's Pass between Brighton Resort/Midway and the back roads to Park City, Midway and Heber areas.
- Alpine Loop up American Fork Canyon, past Sundance Resort and down through Provo Canyon.
- The Nebo Loop between Payson and Nephi
- Ogden Canyon east of Huntsville
- The Mirror Lake Highway east of Park City between Kamas and Evanston, Wyoming
- Logan Canyon between Logan and Bear Lake. Vibrant must-see colors!
The best times to view the colorful fall foliage varies a little from year to year. In general, colors start to come on in early September and peak towards the end of that month. Feel free to call us to get a report on conditions during the time you want to visit Utah.
We offer vacation homes and condos for rent near many of Utah's most colorful fall colors. Some of our homes are located up in the mountains where you can just walk out the door and immerse yourself in the vibrant colors of Utah's gorgeous fall season.
Our vacation homes closest to fall colors:
Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons
Ogden Canyon east of Huntsville
Alpine Loop up American Fork Canyon near Sundance Resort in Provo Canyon